Tuesday 2 September 2008

Owen Pallett

His new EPs have leaked and they are gorgeous. I prefer Plays to Please, with it's 35 piece band, it's so epic, so beautiful. I love Ultimatum best, the violins! oh the violins! If you listen to Andrew Bird you should know that Andrew's whistling + violins = beauty, so when Andrew guest whistles on this track, it's just so atmospheric. The song is just so dense and thick, there's so much going on, so many layers. But that whistling bit in the middle, that's the hook that makes you listen 15 times in a row. It's so short, I wish it would go on forever. The song really soars. I love Owen's lyrics too: "the saxophone swallowed it's reed/ as the drummer ran out in the lead/ the piano fell on it's back/ as the singer fell in through the cracks/ see the guitar's locked in it's case"


Both EPs are out in October on cd and 10", I'm getting the 10"s!
Go fall in love with him:
http://www.myspace.com/owenpallettmusic

No comments: