Wednesday 27 August 2008

Heart of Chambers

The Beach House record Devotion is one of my favourite records of the year. Heart of Chambers is my favourite song on the record. Victoria's vocals and Alex's guitar riffs are enough to send you into a dream like trance. It's a gorgeous song. When I saw Kimya back in May it was playing in the interlude through the big speakers and I was so at peace. I'm always the most at peace with myself and the world after a good show. Truly. I also figured out some chords to the song today and have been playing it on piano and guitar by myself. I need a BFF who listens to Beach House and wants to sing with me. Because I can't sing well. I've been contemplating buying a new ukulele but don't know what type to get. I feel I should get a baritone because it's the opposite of the one I have, but I don't really want to buy off of the internet, I'd rather get one from a shop. I went to London yesterday and we went to the Science museum and got Thai food, it was a really good day. I should have looked for a musical instrument shop then. I'd like to catch a flight back to Saratoga and get one from the musical shop there, but I think I'd like to hop on a flight to NY most of the time so it's not exactly out of the ordinary. I saw Stars were playing in Providence, RI and it made me want to go back there. Oh, discontent. Such a cruel slew of chemicals. Can you tell I've been listening to of Montreal? An Eluardian Instance is my favourite song on Skeletal Lamping. I'll review the record sometime. I love references to Greek mythology, like Prometheus and Orpheus. I love the painting in the National Gallery of the death of Eurydice, Eurydice lies fallen and Orpheus is in the background unaware, playing music. I've also been into the Paul Baribeau song Ten Things alot since I saw an amazing, amazing version on youtube.

I just did a maths test for university and found it really hard. I have major hate for algebra. Theres no room for creativity with maths, I hate it. I just want to be creative all the time. I know it sounds really childish, and the Jeff Lewis lyric "maybe the world would be better if we were all just uncreative drones/ no dead childhood dreams to haunt us; a decent job, a decent home" comes to mind, but, whatever I do in life I hope I am a force for good. I know I'm doing business studies, but I resent business people who want to make money over ethics and morals. I don't ever want to be like that, I don't want to ever work for a big company (unless it's a charity or zoo or aquarium). In my heart, I want to be a musician or artist or work for a record label or have my own record shop. I want to travel and see the world and be good. Music made me like this. Music is in my heart and dreams every day. I'm always dreaming about singers and bands. The other night, I had a dream I was with Tilly and the Wall on this fence, and we were all singing the chorus of that Slow Club song, that goes "don't you ever wonder who's living in that house? "It's too small for people" we all said, but "there's people in the floorboards" said the mouse, said the mouse!" There was a crowd of people and we were singing a capella and it was awesome.

Emily Haines is doing 3 Brooklyn shows. Solo. Ouch. They're 21+ anyway so I wouldn't be able to go even if I was there, but still, it's annoying. I think the reason I miss New York all the time is because I'm always looking on Brooklyn Vegan and seeing all the stuff I'm missing.

I've just seen Heather D'Angelo has posted on her blog. I'm going to read it now, so over and out.
If you want a good read you should probably stop reading my blog and just read hers, it's better.

:)

No comments: